Testimonials and Feedback
- ‘Thank you so much for your support for our MASE Groups – you have always been there for us.’ - Daphne Sharp, The MASE Group
- ‘You are such a star! Got to be worth a toast.’ - Liz Dipple, re: assisting Rising Brook Baptist Church in their tender submission to take on the running of Rising Brook Library
- ‘Just to say a big thank you to you and Helena for helping with our official launch on Friday. We had a lot of positive comments about all our partners that we are working with so thank you again for supporting us.’ – Charlotte Hernandez, re: Stafford Library launch
- ‘Very impressed in the way in which you always get back to me when you say you do, and in super-quick time too.’ - Warren Low, New Directions Support
- ‘Thanks for all the support you are giving to (him), it’s much appreciated.’ – Simon Craythorn, Life Skills Resource Project, Staffordshire Fire & Rescue Service
- ‘Thank you very much for a great morning. I was really proud of our volunteers who received their awards, unfortunately only one could make the event. Much appreciated. Thanks again for the photos and a great event.’ – Peter Freeman, Lichfield District Council re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘May I thank you for inviting us to this event. We thoroughly enjoyed the morning and met some really lovely people. I believe in rewarding and thanking our volunteers for the wonderful work they do. Without the help of our wonderful volunteers we would not be able to do what we do.’ – Valerie Ledward, HMP Stafford re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘We had a wonderful morning! We have formed many more links and collected leaflets to give out at the centres. It's also been great to put some names to faces! Thank you so much for letting us have the opportunity to be involved. It was well organised and there was such a fantastic mix of organisations.’ - Shevonne Hoson-Walker, Spark (Burntwood) re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘Thanks for the invite Joy, myself and Jen thought it was a great event and loved the presentation at the end to recognise all the hard work being done in the area, so well done to you and your team!!’ - Kerry Heath, Charnwood Children’s Centre re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘As always it is our pleasure to attend and we love being part of the sector and celebrating it. Thank you for such a well organised and successful event.’ - Kathy Coe, Pathway Project re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘Both Valerie and I said how much we enjoyed today.’ – Julianne Emberton re: Celebration of Volunteering Event in Lichfield
- ‘Just wanted to "thank you" for all your support and being a friendly face when I wasn't in a very good place.’ - Work Club attendee
- ‘Thank you for your help, I found you to be very motivational when I was getting very despondent, and thinking that nothing would come up.’ - Work Club attendee
- ‘Also congratulations (Sally Groves) on your new role in your job, just goes to prove how a dedicated, committed and hands on approach makes you right for the job.’ - Michael Cyster, volunteer at the Work Club
Extended Feedback 1 - Chairing and Co-ordinating the Healthy Ageing in Staffordshire – Call to Action Event
‘I am writing to offer thanks and appreciation on behalf of Staffordshire County Council and all of our
partners for your excellent contribution to our recent event: Healthy Ageing in Staffordshire – Call to Action. The event went extremely well and we have had nothing but positive feedback around the
varied and insightful content from the event, our keynote speakers and workshops.
It was tremendous to get your fantastic support in Chairing and co-ordinating the smooth-running of
the event and you were really clear in briefing, holding and manging the room. This is no mean feat to manage a room of 130 people and get them through some big tasks.
Thank you also for your support in offering to continue to work with Denise Vittorino and partners in
taking the actions from the event forward. We’re currently in the process of collating the actions from the workshops, which we look forward to sharing with you.
I’d like to thank you once again for your contribution and I look forward to working with you again in
the future.’ – Dr Chris Weiner, Director of Public Health, Staffordshire County Council re: Healthy Ageing in Staffordshire
Extended Feedback 2 - Volunteering
‘I thought I would update you with a success story! It has been some time since last I asked you to signpost potential volunteers to Burton Canoe Club. However, from about five efforts we have had one resounding success – Keith Newbold.
In November 2014 Keith came along to help us maintain our stock of equipment. He soon settled into the Club and helped with far more than just equipment. It wasn’t long before he had his first attempt at canoeing, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
In March 2015 he was elected to Vice Chair on the Club Management Team! Keith approached the Club with a view to doing sixteen hours paid work supported by the Shaw Trust who would in fact be his employers. Keith completed six months work with commitment and dedication and became well known in the Club. He helped in numerous ways and never forgot his volunteering; volunteering always remained in addition to his 16 hours and he remains a very willing and helpful volunteer to this day. Furthermore Keith has just gained part time employment at McDonalds; his first paid job in many years.
Naturally he is delighted, as we at the Canoe Club are delighted for him. He is a valued member of the Club. He is a Volunteering Staffordshire success story!
Keith continues to enjoy and develop his canoeing and kayaking and is a frequent participant.
I hope you might find the above interesting and perhaps even helpful in your quest to encourage volunteering.’ - Stuart Briggs, Burton Canoe Club